Apple Cinnamon Crumble Muffin
Updated: Sep 3, 2022
Prep time: 10 mins
Bake time: 20 mins
Makes 12 muffins
Notes: This cinnamon apple muffin recipe makes a muffin that is very moist inside, with a nice crust and a crumbly top. In this recipe, I use a grated apple and a cubed up apple. The grated apple ensures that every bite is infused with the apple flavor. I like the cube apples because biting into a chunk of apple is delightful. My husband doesn't like chunks of apple in his muffin which is why I devised the grating method. You can make this recipe with all grated apples; tastes just as great.
1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
2 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/3 cup sour cream
1/2 cup melted butter
3/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 large egg
1 grated apple
1 apple chopped into small cubes
2 tsp Cinnamon
5 tablespoons butter
2/3 cup flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
2-3 tablespoons granulated sugar
1. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Add all the ingredients, except for the chopped apples, in a large bowl.
3. Mix with a spatula until just combined, do not over mix.
4. Fold in the chopped apples.
5. Grease a muffin tin with butter, then also spray with cooking spray.
6. Divide the muffin mixture into the wells of the muffin tin.
7. Make the crumble by combing all the ingredients and mix with your fingers.
8. Sprinkle the crumble over the muffin mixture in the tins. Press lightly with your fingers so that the crumble sticks to the muffin after it bakes.
9. Bake at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 5-10 minutes at for the muffin tops to brown a bit.
10. Then reduce heat to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and bake for an additional 10 -15 minutes. They are done when a toothpick or knife stuck in the middle of a muffin comes out clean.
11. Allow to cool for a few minutes in the tin then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
12. Serve warm.