Crispy Chocolate Chip Cookies
Updated: Apr 9, 2020
Makes 36 cookies
Prep Time 5-10 minutes
Bake Time 13 minutes x 4
Notes: It is amazing how chocolate chip cookies can vary. Altering the ingredients and ratios can give you the results you want. Here, I was going for chewy cookies in the middle with a crisp edge. Using a combination of baking powder and baking soda, and some granulated sugar accomplishes this. If you like fuller, soft, cake-like cookies, check out my other chocolate chip cookie recipes. Happy baking!
2 sticks salted butter
1 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup white sugar
2 1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 eggs 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cup chocolate chips (milk, dark, or white)
1. Sieve the flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda into a bowl.
2. Using a wooden spatula or hand mixer in a large bowl, mix the sugars and butter to combine it. It will not, and does not have to be creamy.
3. Add the eggs and vanilla extract and continue to mix.
4. Add the dry ingredients from step 1 and combine with a wooden spatula. Fold in the chocolate chips.
5. Cover the cookie dough with plastic wrap and chill for 30 minutes, preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
6. Line a half (18” x 13”) baking sheet with parchment paper.
7.Using a 1 Tbsp cookie scoop, place the cookie dough on the baking sheet. Place 9 - 12 evenly spaced to give enough room for baking expansion.
8. Bake for 13 minutes.
9. Cool for 5 minutes on the cookie sheet then transfer to a cooling rack. Let your baking sheet cool completely before baking a second batch or you can alternate baking sheets so one cools while the other one bakes. Bake only one batch of cookies at a time.