Easy and Perfect 20 minute Chocolate Chip Cookies
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Bake Time: 10 - 12 minutes per batch
Makes 18 cookies (2 batches)
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, soft
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 cup flour
3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup chocolate chips
1. Melt the butter in the microwave for about 20 seconds. You want it melted but not hot.
2. Sieve the flour, salt, and baking powder into a bowl.
3. Using a wooden spatula in a large separate bowl, mix the sugars and butter to combine it.
4. Add the eggs and vanilla extract and continue to mix.
5. Add the dry ingredients from step 2 and combine with a wooden spatula, then fold in the chocolate chips.
6. Line a half (18” x 13”) baking sheet with parchment paper.
7.Using a 1 Tbsp cookie scoop, place the cookie dough on the baking sheet. Place 9 evenly spaced to give enough room for baking expansion.
8. Bake for 12 minutes.