French Strawberry Tart
Updated: May 2, 2020
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Chill Time: At least 2 hours
Serves 8 -10
1 tart crust, baked till nicely browned
2 1/4 cup creme patisserie or vanilla pudding (see below)
1 to 1 1/2 pound of fresh ripe strawberries
1/4 cup strawberry jam
1 tablespoon lemon juice or water
1. Prepare the strawberries - Wash, cut off the tops, and slice.
2. Cover the bottom of your cooled tart crust with the creme patisserie or vanilla pudding. Smoothen with a spatula.
3. Arrange the strawberries in any pattern you desire.
4. Glaze the tops of each strawberry with the strawberry jam, using a pastry brush. You may need to mix with a tablespoon water or lemon juice if your jam is too thick.
5. Chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
For the best tart, I recommend making all your components at home. The list of the ingredients has a link to my tart crust and strawberry jam recipe. The creme patisserie is also quite easy to make as I have outlined below. Home made always tastes best, but if you prefer, you can substitute with some store bought vanilla pudding and strawberry jam.