Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Prep time: 15 mins
Bake time: 15 mins
Makes about 36 cookies
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1 1/2 cups butter
2 cups brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 cups instant oats
1 1/2 cup raisins
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
3. In a bowl, measure out the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
4. In another bowl (one large enough to do all the mixing with a hand mixer or your stand mixer’s bowl) cream the butter and brown sugar on high until light and fluffy, takes about 3-5 mins.
5. On medium speed, mix in the vanilla and eggs.
6. In 4-5 batches, add in the flour to the mixture, mixing on low speed. Using a spatula, mix in the oats and raisins.
7. Using a 1 tablespoon measuring spoon or a cookie scoop, portion out the cookies on the sheet for baking. I usually overfill the measuring spoon. I don’t have a cookie scoop so use a teaspoon to guide the dough out. Make sure the dough balls are 2 inches apart on the baking tray.
8. Bake one tray at a time for 12 minutes. When the first tray is done, start baking the second tray.
9. Let the cookies cool on the baking tray for 5 minutes then move to a cooling rack.
10. Wait a few more minutes for your baking tray to completely cool, then scoop more dough for your next baking round. Enjoy!