One Banana Bread
Updated: Apr 9, 2020
Makes One Standard Loaf
Notes: For those times when you have just one naughty ripe banana staring at you. That's all you need for this delicious and easy recipe. It also works well with 2 bananas. You get a stronger banana flavor and a moister, heavier, darker bread as seen in the pictures at the bottom of the page.
1 ripe banana
1/2 stick of butter, soft
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon milk
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Mash the banana with a fork in a small bowl, set aside.
3. In a separate mixing bowl, cream the butter with a mixer for a minute. Add the sugar and mix. Then add the egg, milk, and banana. Keep mixing until combined.
4. Add all the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
5. Grease a standard loaf pan (8-1/2 x 4-1/2 x 2-1/2 inches) with cooking spray.
6. Add the bread mixture to the pan and bake for 40 to 45 minutes. You know it is ready when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Note: Picture shows this recipe with 2 bananas.