Perfect Peach Pie
Updated: Oct 27
Prep time 20 mins, bake time 60 mins
6 cups of sliced fresh peaces
2/3 cup sugar
2 tablespoons flour
2 tablespoons corn starch
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 recipe shortcrust pastry
2 teaspoon lemon juice
1 egg white
1 teaspoon water
Notes: This easy method makes the perfect peach pie; delicious, perfect amount of sweetness, a crumbly crust and no soggy bottoms. It makes for the perfect slice each time.
1. Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Roll out the bottom pie crust and place on the bottom of a 9 inch pie plate.
3. In a large bowl mix the peaches, sugar, lemon juice, flour, corn starch, and cinnamon.
4. Pour the mixture over the bottom pie crust.
5. Make a lattice with the top pie crust and cover the pie.
6. Mix the egg-white with water by whisking. Then, lightly brush over the top lattice of the pie to glaze it.
7. Bake at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes. This step helps seal the bottom crust to prevents sogginess. Then reduce to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and bake for another 50 minutes or until the pie crust is golden brown.
8. Allow to cool on a wire rack on the countertop before serving.