Updated: Feb 11
Prep time - 10 mins
Bake time - 20 mins
Yields 1 dozen cupcakes
These delicious pumpkin cupcakes taste like pumpkin pie! The frosting is a delicious pumpkin buttercream. You can't go wrong with this super easy recipe. Happy baking.
1 cup all purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp allspice
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 cup whipping cream
1/2 cup pumpkin purée
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 large egg
For Pumpkin Buttercream:
1/2 cup butter, soft
1/4 cup pumpkin purée
2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1/4 tsp Cinnamon
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1/8 tsp allspice
1. Preheat oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit.
2. Place all the dry cupcake ingredients in a bowl and mix with a sieve.
3. In a seperate bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients and mix with an electric mixer for about 2 minutes to incorporate air into the mixture.
4. Add the dry ingredients from #2. Continue to mix until combined.
5. Line a cupcake tin with cupcake liners.
6. Divide the batter into 12 equal parts.
7. Bake for 20 minutes. Your cupcakes are done when a tooth pick placed in the middle comes out clean.
8. Take the cupcakes out, let them cool in the tin for a few minutes then transfer then to a wire rack to completely cool before frosting.
9. While waiting, make the buttercream. Begin by creaming the butter. Mix with a whisk attachment of a stand or hand mixer until it is light and fluffy.
10. Add the pumpkin purée, continue whisking. Then add the powdered sugar in 2-3 batches. Add the rest of the ingredients.
11. Continue whisking, you should have beautiful buttercream at this point.
12. Transfer to a piping bag fitted with a tip of your choice. Frost your cupcakes!