Strawberry and Chocolate Swirl Bundt Cake
Prep time: 20 mins
Bake time: 40 mins
Makes 12-18 servings
Notes: This is a fun eye catching cake that is light and delicious. It is also very easy to make. Happy baking!
250 g (1/3 cup) of all purpose flour
3 tsps baking powder
1/16 tsp salt
250 g (21/4 sticks) salted butter
200 g (1 cup) sugar
5 large eggs
2 teaspoons strawberry extract
3 tablespoons cream cheese (optional)
35 g (1/4 cup) cocoa powder
Red gel food coloring
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Grease a 10-12 cup bundt pan.
3. Sift flour, baking powder, salt into a large bowl.
5. Add the eggs and continue to mix on medium speed until combined then add the strawberry extract and cream cheese. Continue to mix until all combined.
6. Add the sifted dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, salt), mix on low to combine until all the flour has been incorporated.
7. Remove slightly more than 1/3 of the batter into a separate bowl to make the chocolate portion of the cake, set aside.
8. Add the red gel food coloring to the main bowl of batter, Add enough to make a pink color of your desired intensity. I used about 12 drops for mine. Mix on low speed until color is evenly incorporated.
9. Add the cocoa powder to the portion from step 7. Mix on low speed until incorporated.
10. Spoon half of the pink portion of the cake into the bundt pan. Try to cover the entire bottom circumference of the pan. Next add the chocolate layer and top off with the other half of the pink layer. Don’t worry about making the top of the batter flat, we’ll do this in the next step.
11. Hit the bundt pan on the counter top 4 times to even out the batter.
12. Bake for 40-45 minutes. Your cake is done when a knife stuck in the cake comes out clean.
13. Cool for 5-10 mins in the bundt pan then remove from pan and cool on a wire rack. Enjoy.