Soft, Full, and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Chill time: 30 minutes
Bake Time: 12 minutes per batch
Makes 18 cookies (2 batches)
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, soft 3/4 cup brown sugar 1/4 cup white sugar 3/4 teaspoon baking powder 1 1/2 cup flour 1 egg 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract 1/4 teaspoon salt 3/4 cup chocolate chips
1. Sieve the flour, salt, and baking powder into a bowl.
2. Using a wooden spatula or hand mixer in a separate large bowl, mix the sugars and butter to combine it. It will not, and does not have to be creamy.
3. Add the eggs and vanilla extract and continue to mix.
4. Add the dry ingredients from step 1 and combine with a wooden spatula. Fold in the chocolate chips.
5. Cover the cookie dough with plastic wrap and chill for 30 minutes, preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
6. Line a half (18” x 13”) baking sheet with parchment paper.
7.Using a 1 Tbsp cookie scoop, place the cookie dough on the baking sheet. Place 9 evenly spaced to give enough room for baking expansion.
8. Bake for 12 minutes.
9. Cool for 5 minutes on the cookie sheet then transfer to a cooling rack. Let your baking sheet cool completely before baking a second batch or you can alternate baking sheets so one cools while the other one bakes. Bake only one batch of cookies at a time.