Prep Time: 2 hours
Cook Time: 30 mins
Yield: 24 Doughnuts
1 cup whole milk, warm
2 1/4 tap active dry yeast
1/3 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
6 Tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 cups all-purpose flour
1 – 2 quarts of vegetable oil for frying
2 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup heavy cream or whole milk
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1. Add the warm milk, yeast, and sugar into your mixing bowl. Mix with a whisk and allow to stand for a few minutes until your yeast starts to froth.
2. Add the rest of the doughnut ingredients to the bowl and mix until the dough starts to pull away from the edges of the mixing bowl. You may need a little bit of extra flour but be careful, not too much.
3. Knead on a flowered surgery for 2-4 minutes.
4. Transfer to a bowl to proof. Spray with cooking spray and cover with plastic wrap. Let it sit in a warm place until it doubles.
5. Transfer to a floured surface. Roll out with a rolling pin 1/2 inch thick.
6. Use a donut cutter to cut donuts. Lay on a parchment-lined baking tray to proof. After cutting cover with plastic wrap and keep in a warm place.
7. When it doubles, it is time to fry.
8. Set your deep fryer, Dutch oven, or pot with oil at 350 degrees. Fry. 60 seconds per side.
9. Transfer to a wire rack.
10. Make glaze by mixing all ingredients. Drizzle over the donuts.