Cinnamon Roll Wreath Bread
Updated: Mar 6, 2022
Yields 12 servings
Time: 3.5 hours
Easy recipe that will get everyone excited on Christmas morning!
It is basically cinnamon rolls in afresh shape to make it festive. Happy Baking.
1 cup milk
1/3 cup salted butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt
3 to 3 1/2 cups flour
1/4 ounce package of yeast (2 1/4 tsp)
1/2 cup soft butter
1 cup brown sugar
2 1/2 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1. In the mixing bowl of a stand mixer, dissolve the yeast in 1/2 cup warm milk. The milk temperature should be below 115 degrees Fahrenheit (between 90 to 115 degrees is ideal).
2. In a saucepan, over medium heat, combine the other 1/2 cup milk with the sugar, butter, and salt until it is all completely dissolved.
3. Let cool down to 115 to 120 degrees Fahrenheit). Add the egg and whisk to combine. Do not add the egg while the mixture is hot. Otherwise, the egg will be denatured. Adding the egg will bring the mixture to the perfect temperature for the yeast.
4. Add the mixture from #3 to the yeast mixture from #1
5. Add 3 cups of flour, 1 cup at a time, to the mixing bowl and use a dough hook to combine for 3 minutes.
6. Transfer dough to a kneading surface and use the remaining 1/2 cup to knead the sticky dough. Use only as little of it as you need during the kneading process. The more you knead, the more elastic and easy to handle it will become. Knead for another 3 minutes.
7. Transfer to a greased bowl for the first rise and cover with plastic wrap.
8. Place in a warm part of your kitchen and let it rise until has doubled. Takes 1-2 hours.
9. Make the filling by mixing all the filling ingredients in a bowl with a spatula.
8. After the first proof, take your dough out and place on an oiled surface. Punch the middle of your dough to flatten. Roll the dough out to a rectangle that is roughly 24 x 12 inches in dimension. Spread the filling over the dough and roll tightly, starting from the long side of the rectangle.
9. Prepare of baking sheet with parchment paper.
10. Slit the roll in half lengthwise and then crisscross the dough into a twist and shape into a circle. Move unto the baking sheet.
11. Do a second proof. You are ready to bake when the rolls double in size.
12. Preheat the oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit.
13. Bake for 20 minutes and until brown.