Easy Strawberry Jam
Prep and cook time: 20 mins
Makes 1 cup
1 cup fresh ripe strawberries cut in cubes
2 tablespoons water
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch dissolved in 1 teaspoons of water
1. Pour the strawberries in a saucepan and marsh to break them up.
2. Add all your ingredients to the mashed strawberries, except for the cornstarch.
3. Please the saucepan over low-medium heat until sugar dissolves then increase the heat to bring to a boil. Once it starts boiling, reduce the heat. Simmer and stir for about 10 minutes.
4. Add the cornstarch mixture, ensuring to continually stir while you add it. This will thicken the jelly.
5. Simmer for additional couple of minutes. Remove from the stove top and let cool.