Strawberry Pie - (frozen fruit version)
Updated: Sep 1, 2019
Prep time 20 mins, bake time 40 mins
6 - 7 cups frozen strawberries
1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 Tbsp water
3 Tbsp salted butter
5 Tbsp corn starch mixed with approximately 3 Tbsp water (enough to make a thick mixture)
1/3 cup flour
2 short crust pastry balls for pie top and bottom (Click here for my short crust pastry recipe)
1 egg white
1. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Add the frozen strawberries lemon juice, sugar, and water to saucepan.
3. Cook on medium heat. After the sugar melts and the berries start to heat up, add the butter, corn starch mixture, and flour to the strawberry mixture.
4. Bring to a boil and then take of the heat and let cool.
5. Roll out one dough ball for the bottom of the pie and transfer to a pie dish. Pour the cooled strawberry mixture over this.
6. Roll out the other pie crust and cut into stripes and make a lattice. Brush the lattice top with egg white.
7. Bake for 40 minutes or until the pie crust is a golden brown.