Pumpkin pie and Apple Muffin
Prep time: 10 mins
Bake time: 20 mins
Makes 12 muffins
Perfect for breakfast this fall season!
1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
2 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/3 cup sour cream
1/2 cup olive oil, canola oil, or melted butter
3/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 large egg
1/2 cup pumpkin purée
1 apple chopped into small cubes
1 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp allspice
2 tablespoons honey
1/2 cup flour
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
2-3 tablespoons granulated sugar
1. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Add all the ingredients, except the chopped apples, to a large bowl.
3. Mix with a spatula until just combined, do not over-mix.
4. Fold in the chopped apples.
5. Grease a muffin tin with butter and then spray with cooking spray.
6. Divide the muffin mixture into the wells of the muffin tin.
7. Make the crumble by combing all the ingredients and mixing them with your fingers.
8. Sprinkle the crumble over the muffin mixture in the tins. Press lightly with your fingers so the crumble sticks to the muffin after it bakes.
9. Bake at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 5-10 minutes for the muffin tops to brown a bit.
10. Then reduce heat to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and bake for an additional 10 -15 minutes. They are done when a toothpick or knife stuck in the middle of a muffin comes out clean.
11. Allow cooling for a few minutes in the tin then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
12. Serve warm.